Sunday 7 July 2013

Missing Mum

So it has come to my attention that my last few posts have been running the risk of turning this blog into a place to rant. I don't want this to happen so I'm going to write about something (well, someone) very close to me.
Since starting uni I have spent less and less time at home. I've led a very busy life this year, I've had multiple stage plays as well as music and writing all on top of uni. While it has been fantastic it has its down side. The first major downside was revealed to me as I sat on the train on my way into the theatre. I was sitting minding my own business when a young boy sits next to me on the phone; he was talking to his mum. I assume this was one of his first train rides and she was worried about him. While this might not seem like a big deal to most people I was struck with a sadness that I couldn't explain. That's when I realised I missed my own mum. 
Although I still live at home I don't see mum a lot because of the time she leaves for work and the time I get home. Mum used to be very involved with my life, but as I'm getting older she is becoming less involved. While I realise this is a part of life I noticed it had happened so gradually I didn't even get a chance to fully cherish the time we had together. However it's helped me to now cherish every moment that I have with my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment