Monday 18 March 2013

My Dog's Dog

This is rocket. He is a Corgi-Border Collie-Blue Heeler cross. Or as the family refers to him, a Blue Borgi, and he is most defiantly Dad's dog. He won't do anything unless dad has come to see him in the morning, he will even ignore the rest of the family if dad is in the same room.
Eventually we decided it was time to get another dog. Well it was actually very spontaneous. One afternoon dad decided to go look at puppies, he claims it was for fun. That night I get a text saying "we have a new member of the family." Considering my mum hadn't shown any signs of pregnancy over the last nine months I had to assume we got a new puppy, I was right.
Meet Hudson, a pure bred Corgi cross eating machine. He will literally chew anything that is around his mouth, from food to the wall. Despite his obsession with food and chewing anything he can, he is a great family dog, calm quiet and absolutely adorable. And best of all he didn't seem to favour one person above the rest, which I thought was a bit strange because most dogs will favour the alpha male.
This started me thinking, who's dog is Hudson, who has his undying loyalty. I hoped it was going to be me and my theory that I am the true alpha male in a family dominated by males would be proven to be true. Unfortunately he didn't seem to listen to me any more than the rest of the family, especially not like rocket listens to dad. So I started to watch his behaviour more closely, trying to unravel the blank stare that led to the inner parts of his mind, you know the one that tells him it would be a great idea to chew apart the wall. That's when it hit me, Hudson was rockets dog.
It made perfect sense! He follows him everywhere, he would wait for rockets permission before doing anything, whenever Rocket barked Hudson would understand and listen. I realised that we have bought a dog for our dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment