Sunday 3 March 2013

Adventures on a Train (My first Blog)

Welcome to the very first blog of Smart Yet Casual! I'm Darcy and I'm very new to this blogging thing!! I plan on making one blog a week, this month will include topics such as My dogs dog and the ever so popular Middle Child Syndrome (or MCS as the professionals refer to it).

To start my blog off  I thought it would be nice to share with you all a story from the train today. I was on my  way home from university, sitting with some friends. When I heard a voice scream "the guards are coming, we must attack!!" thinking I was about to witness a gang war between the station guards and some gangsters I started to panic. However nothing happened, so I continued my conversation with my friend. Then the voice interrupted again, this time yelling "We need reinforcements!!" By this stage the train was moving and no one seemed to be fighting anyone. Confused, I started to look around to see where this fight was unfolding. That's when a small boy caught my attention, he was in his own fantasy world in an open space in the train. Defending us all from what sounded like very formidable foes! For the next half an hour I was transfixed, caught between wanting to know what happened next and not wanting to get arrested for staring at a small boy. However I wasn't the only one who had noticed what was going on. By the time my stop came, this small boy, no older than 5, was entertaining an entire train carriage and didn't even realise. I was so drawn in by the story that I didn't want to get off, however if I missed my stop it would take me a very long time to get home. So I was forced to leave the story before it finished, and I may never know if he managed to save the kingdom....

Hopefully you have enjoyed what you read and will stick around to read more stories of life!! I will try and post regularly so you have something to look forward to each week.
Farewell for now!
Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment